16 November 2011

OK, now I'm mad...

I like books. All sorts of books, but I really like car books. I like car books so much, that in the past I have listed Classic Motorbooks as a dependent on my 1040. But over the last four or five years, since they sold out and became first "MBI" and now "Q books" or something, the quality, subjects and prices have been going downhill, imho. I have been getting my books elsewhere quite frankly, so the number of catalogs from Motorbooks has slowed down.
However, this being this time of year, I got a Christmas catalog in the mail yesterday. Whilst thumbing through, I was shocked and dismayed to see a book entitled 'My First Car'! They can't do that! I'll sue!
This little, admittedly feeble attempt at a site has been in the discussion stages for 5 years or better; from germination of the idea, to the discussion of practical considerations, to me finally getting "off it and on it" and trying to pound it out. [after years of 'encouragement'...] And now, suddenly, right AFTER I get "myfirstcar" up and going, they come out with this book by the same name. How coincidental...
I TOLD you all 'they' were listening in on my phone...

[    ;)    ]

ADDENDUM  - The Car Guy over at Just A Car Guy has posted a good review of the book here. Of course, you may have already known that if you were looking at his site like you ought...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll probably buy a copy, even though they stole my idea...

    ReplyDelete